What is a Microworld?
Microworlds are business games that provide risk free learning
environments for executives and students to experience issues in strategy or general management.
Our Microworlds are all concerned with business strategy and help develop understanding of
dynamic business performance over time.
These games are developed in-house and are used in top MBA and executive courses at leading
business schools. The simpler games provide sufficient teaching material for a half day class although
shorter or longer classes are possible. Our more complex Microworlds provide a full days
teaching but have been used for periods ranging from under one hour up to two and a half days.
- Simple interfaces allow a focus on strategy, not learning the software
- Realistic behavior keeps people engaged
- Extensive reports, tables and charts provide clear feedback on performance
- Diagrams explain the links between the business system and performance
- Rigorous underlying strategy dynamics simulation ensures realistic response to user decisions
- Several management challenges allow users to explore strategy under varying conditions
- Facility for instructors to create additional scenarios of their own to challenge students
- Extensive instructor materials provide clear guidance on class activities